افتح القائمة الرئيسية
→ التعديل السابق
التعديل اللاحق ←
مستخدم:أبو هشام السوعان/ملعب
نسخة 13:25، 21 يوليو 2019
تم إضافة 5٬088 بايت
قبل شهر واحد
These are lists of [[surgeon]]s.
== Pioneers and firsts to perform particular procedures ==
* [[Claudius Amyand (surgeon)|Claudius Amyand]], performed the first [[Appendicectomy]]
* [[Christiaan Barnard]], cardiac surgery, first [[heart transplantation]]
* [[William DeVries]], first permanent artificial heart transplant
* [[Paul Randall Harrington]], first interior fixation of the spine by means of a [[Harrington implant|Harrington rod]].
* [[John Heysham Gibbon]] (1903–1973), first open heart surgery
* [[Simon Hullihen]], The Father of Oral Surgery
* [[John Hunter (surgeon)|John Hunter]], first aneurysm operation and founder of early schools of anatomy
* [[Leonard B. Kaban]], Walter C. Guralnick Professor and Chair of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard University, pioneer in oral, maxillofacial and craniofacial surgery
* [[Richard Lehman (surgeon)]], pioneered several orthopedic surgeries
* [[Paolo Macchiarini]], first stem cell grown trachea transplant.
* [[Frederic E. Mohs]], developed the Mohs Micrographic Surgery technique (MMS) aka [[Mohs surgery]] in 1938 to remove skin cancer lesions.
* [[Dallas B. Phemister]], developed the [[Phemister graft]] and early innovator in orthopedics
* [[Theodore H. Schwartz]], first center in New York City to use intraoperative MRI scanning during endoscopic pituitary surgery
* [[Lall Sawh]], C.M.T., F.R.C.S.(Edin.). Kidney transplantation pioneer in the Caribbean and Latin America. Early proponent of Viagra.
* [[Michael Woodruff]], [[organ transplant|transplantation]] pioneer.
== Researchers and inventors in the field of surgery ==
* [[Moshe Gueron]], best known for his pioneering research about human heart influences in result of scorpion sting.
* [[Victor Chang]]
* [[Svyatoslav Fyodorov]] (1927–2000), creator of [[radial keratotomy]]
* [[Henry Gray]], author of [[Gray's Anatomy]]
* [[Gavril Ilizarov]], Russian [[orthopedics|orthopedic]] surgeon who invented [[Ilizarov apparatus|the procedure]] to lengthen or reshape limb bones.
* [[Lars Leksell]], neurosurgery, inventor of [[radiosurgery]]
* [[Joseph Lister, 1st Baron Lister|Joseph Lister]], discoverer of surgical [[asepsis]]
* [[Norman Bethune]], Canadian [[cardiothoracic surgery|thoracic]] surgeon and [[humanitarian]], early proponent of [[universal health care]] and inventor of the first practical mobile blood transport unit.
*[[John Heysham Gibbon]], invented the heart-lung machine.
== Fame and longevity ==
* [[John Ronald Brown]] (1922–2010), notorious incompetent, convicted of second-degree murder after the death of a patient.
* [[Fyodor Uglov]], listed in the [[Guinness Book of Records]] as the oldest practicing surgeon
* [[Paul Spangler]] [[Ship's doctor|Naval surgeon]], senior [[Long distance runner]]
* [[David Hayes Agnew]]
* [[Norman Bethune]] (1890–1939), [[battlefield medicine|battlefield surgery]]
* [[Theodor Billroth]], stomach resection
* [[Ben Carson]]
* [[William Cheselden]]
* [[Realdo Colombo]] (c. 1516–1559)
* [[Abraham Colles]] (1773–1843)
* [[Denton A. Cooley]], cardiac surgery, first total artificial heart (TAH) implantation
* [[Astley Cooper]]
* [[John Green Crosse]], MD, FRCS, FRS (1790 to 1850), Norfolk and Norwich Hospital
* [[Harvey Cushing]], neurosurgery
* [[Michael E. DeBakey]], cardiac surgery
* [[Clinton Thomas Dent]], (1850–1912)
* [[Ted Eisenberg]]
* [[Evenor]] (3rd century BC)
* [[Judah Folkman]]
* [[Walter Freeman (neurologist)|Walter Freeman]], lobotomy
* [[Henry Gauvain]], (1878-1945), tuberculosis specialist
* [[Atul Gawande]], writer and surgeon, MacArthur Fellow (2006)
* [[Hermes Grillo]]
* [[Sanjay Gupta]], neurosurgery
* Sir [[Victor Horsley]], neurosurgery
* [[Alia Humaid Al Qassimi]]
* [[William Jardine (surgeon)|William Jardine]]
* [[Wilbert Joseph Keon|Wilbert Keon]]
* [[Gerhard Küntscher]]
* Sir [[William Lawrence (biologist)]]
* [[William Macewen]], general surgery and neurosurgery
* [[Walter Karl Koch]]
* [[William E. Ladd]]
* [[Robert Liston]]
* [[Joseph Pancoast]], 19th century American surgeon
* [[Hiram Polk]]
* [[Robert B. Salter]], orthopedic surgery
* [[Ferdinand Sauerbruch]], thoracic surgery
* [[Nancy Snyderman]]
* [[Thomas Starzl]], transplantation surgery, often called as the father of "modern transplantation"
* [[George H. Tichenor]]
* [[Sid Watkins]], neurosurgeon and former [[Formula One]] chief medic
* [[Magdi Yacoub]], heart and lung transplants
* [[Gazi Yasargil|Gazi Yaşargil]], founder of micro-neurosurgery
* [[Zollinger-Ellison syndrome|Robert M. Zollinger]]
* [[Michael Salzhauer]], plastic surgeon
* [[T. S. Kanaka]], neurosurgeon, Asia's first female neurosurgeon, founder of Sri Santhanakrishna Padmavathi Health Care and Research Foundation
== See also ==
* [[History of surgery]]
*[http://www.surgeons.org.uk/history-of-surgeons/index.html History of Surgeons] on surgeons.org.uk
*[http://www.mcqsurgery.com/famous Famous Surgeons] on mcqsurgery.com
أبو هشام السوعان
مجلوبة من "